Friday, January 9, 2009

Ultrasound #7

Well, we weren't supposed to meet with the Perinatologist until Tuesday, but I had a blessing last night and Shane and I really both felt that we should schedule things when we feel the urgency for them. I called them this morning and they had a cancellation so we went in this morning. I just needed peace of mind for the weekend. To be honest, this probably wouldn't have normally scared me so much, but we are where we were with Max and I know my uterus can't grow that much, so I was feeling like if something was wrong it was my fault. I know that isn't true, but you know pregnancy hormones! The specialists were fabulous! They had a really good tech AND the Perinatologist both do the ultrasound. They checked SOOOO many different things. We saw all the chambers of her heart and her ears, everything. They didn't rush through it like I felt the ultrasound yesterday was. I was there for almost an hour. They took their time with the measurements and checked fluid levels, etc. Here are some of the checks:

Amniotic Fluid - Plenty
Good flow through the umbilical cord - Check.
She is getting nutrients. Even her tummy and bladder were both full.
Placenta - Looks good and is attached well.
Head, Femur and Abdomen are actually ALL measuring small. This is good, because proportionate is always better. She is also only measuring 1 week off, not 2. This means that she is in the 33-37 percentile, which they said is great. They don't believe that anything is growing wrong now. They feel that she is just a little smaller. I had previously told Shane that I wouldn't be worried if she was proportionately smaller because some babies are just smaller, it was the abnormal proportions that worried me.

So, we should be good now as far as the growth of our baby. The Perinatologist just reaffirmed that our only worry is preterm rupture of the membranes or labor. Today marks the day I went in when I had Max, so we are doing pretty good so far! Thank you for everyone's prayers. I just know that this baby is truly a miracle and every prayer helps so much! We will keep you posted as we have more developments!

7 comments:

Chadlock said...

I am so glad everything was ok! I was worried thinking about you guys all night and day. Thanks for the update!

Baller family said...

What a relief! So glad to hear that all is well. Thanks for the update.

Marc and Rachael said...

Whew! All this adventure is wearing me out!

Snarr mama said...

I'm so glad you got in today and that everything looks okay! Good news!

The Erickson Family said...

We are keeping you in our prayers. Heavenly Father takes good care of our little ones and we are glad to hear that she is good. Keep those pregnant hormones in check :) (I can only say that becuase I can relate only too well) Good luck!

Christy said...

Oh thank goodness! I'm so glad things are looking so much better now. What a relief!!!

kellyanded said...

It is good to hear that everything went well. I can't wait to see her. I am sure she is as cute as a button.