Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pregnancy vs Pregnancy

I thought it would be fun to do a little chart of where I was at with Max vs where I am at now. I am approaching when I went in with Max. Most of the pregnancy has been pretty similar, except with this one I was really sick the first four months and with Max, nothing. She is also breech, which Max wasn't, so that has left me feeling an extra urgency to pee or a strange, not so good sensation in a private area when she decides to move around a lot. We are hoping that since she is positioned different from Max that we can make it a lot longer than we did with him. I read online that one lady went to 36 weeks with one pregnancy and another to 25, all just because of how the baby was positioned in the uterus and therefore how it would stretch. So we'll see! Tomorrow I will be 32 weeks according to my LMP, which is what I will go off for Max. I put the weeks according to how they happened with Max, but I will put the current dates so as each day passes I can make a sigh of relief that I am not there.

Max Pregnancy
32 Weeks (January 7)
Things are great, leaving for home from vacation

32 Weeks, 1 Day (January 8)
Doing Laundry from vacation and chillin' at home

32 Weeks, 2 Days (January 9)
Took the boys, my little brother, and my little sister swimming. My parents are out of town for their anniversary. We swim and I feel strange, but not sick or any pain. We head to Bert Murdock Music to get some church choir music. I feel like I've peed my pants. I go to the restroom and clean up, go to finish paying and feel the same sensation. I hurry and pay and rush out. I drop the kids off to my sister and go to Orem Community Hospital. They check me and my membranes have ruptured (water is leaking). I call Shane to come and my brother for a blessing. An ambulance comes and takes me to UVRMC in Provo. Following the ambulance, Shane gets in a fender bender, he is ok and no harm to any cars, but that puts him behind. They give me steriod shots for Max's lungs and I'm hooked up to all sorts of monitors.

32 Weeks, 3,4,5,6 Days (January 10, 11, 12, 13)
Still in the hospital. Bedrest. Super fun!

33 Weeks, 0, 1 Days (January 14, 15)
Still on Bedrest

33 Weeks, 2 Days (January 16)
I get an ultrasound, no fluid left. They check me, I am dilated to a 0. They decide to go ahead and induce me because of the lack of fluid and infection potential. I am started on Pitocin and continue on it for 17 hours until the next morning.

33 Weeks, 3 Days (January 17)
They check me, I am still at a 0. They decide to perform a C-Section. I get my spinal block and all the other fun stuff. They wheel me into the OR at 9 a.m. and Max is born at 9:07 a.m.

I remain the hospital for 4 days and then go home, but come back 3 times a day, then 4. Max comes home 2 weeks after being born.

So now, we can see as each day passes where I would be. The days actually line up exactly. With Max, I was 32 weeks on a Wednesday as well. So, if I make it past January 17th then I will make it past when Max was born. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: