Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eye Heart Tobramycin

I will spare you pictures, but Sunday I woke up with both my eyes glued shut with goop! Eye goop! I know, so fun! I wiped them clean and it was painful, the pressure felt like I had bruises on both my eyeballs. I thoughed it out all Sunday because I didn't want to go to the Instacare or ER. Then, Monday morning I couldn't take it anymore. I went into the doctor. She said my eyes were swollen pretty bad. It was exactly what I thought...conjunctivitis (pink eye) in BOTH eyes. I have never had pink eye until now! I have no idea who gave it to me, but it stinks. I took the medicine they gave me, Tobramycin, when I got home and almost immediately saw improvement. My eyes are almost to normal now and I am so glad. It has been such a pain and I can't touch them because I don't want to pass it around. I'm just so glad it is almost over!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Dang! Thats always odd for a adult to have pink eye...I wonder what child gave it to you :0)I am glad you are feeling better!

Pays said...

Oh the fun things that pregnant women get. I'm glad you are doing better now.

kellyanded said...

It's good to hear you are doing better. Sounds like a really bad experience.

Baller family said...

I've never seen Pink Eye but I hear it is pretty painful and irritating. Sorry to hear. Hope you're feeling better soon:)

Lori said...

I sooo feel for you. I had full blown pink eye a couple of years ago, it is so PAINFUL!!

Chadlock said...

I am so sorry about the pink eye! A few months back avery got it, then chris, then me....I didn't realize hope much it hurts!!!! Go figure a really really bad sinus infection can go into your eye.