Sunday, September 21, 2008
Tall Shoes to Fill
When I was growing up (and sometimes still) my Mom would wear the tallest high heels. I don't know how her feet would handle it, but she did it. Well, I get to now try to fill those shoes...luckily not literally. Today my Mom was released from her calling as Young Women's Secretary. I was called to replace her. I will be released from my Young Women Sports Calling as well as from teaching Sunday School. I've been in a Young Women's presidency before, but not as the secretary, so I should learn a lot about organization, etc. I'm looking forward to meeting with the girls and trying something new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thats fun!! I am the second counselor in the young womens in my ward and I love it!! We will have to swap activity ideas. You will do great!
! Congratulations! That sounds like a really cool calling! I was the Beehive advisor in my ward when I was 19 and I LOVED working with the YW. I wish I was in a family ward now so I could work with them again! Don't worry, being the YW secretary just means you take notes and manage roles and get to hang out with the rest of the cool YW leaders all the time! :)
You will do such a good job! And I'm sure the girls will just love you!
Post a Comment