I have been serving in the Young Women program for most of our marriage. For different reasons, however, I have not served in one ward for more than 1 year at a time. In order for a leader to complete the Personal Progress Program you must serve for 1 year. I never knew is that meant cumulatively or consecutively, but I assumed consecutively. Well, I have been serving now for almost a year and a half in the young women program and I don't have my personal progress completed. In fact, I haven't even started! I think I procrastinated thinking I wouldn't be in for a year. But come on, shouldn't I be trying to improve myself regardless of whether I will be serving for a year or not?! I decided I was being dumb. I have set a goal to do my personal progress and complete the new program that has been issued. I just got my new personal progress book. I have looked through it and already passed off a couple goals.And, did you know that you don't have to be a young woman or a leader to complete personal progress? Now, you can complete it just if you are a woman. If you are a mother of a young woman you can't receive it before she does, but if you aren't, you can get it any time. It is really cool! I will keep you posted on how I am doing, and don't be surprised to see posts about it. This blog is basically my journal, so for many of the times I must write in my journal, I may write here. Wish me luck, and if you want to do it too, do it!
2 comments:
Suzy that is awesome.
I was thinking about starting PP again too since I haven't done any since I was 12-16 years old. You've inspired me!!
Post a Comment