Wednesday, January 27, 2010

London Update

She is coughing a lot more which is good. It is sad when she coughs and it hurts her so she cries, but this is good because she is clearing out. It is confirmed that it is RSV, which we thought. She is now being suctioned every 6-8 hours. She is still on oxygen. They can't send her home with both these so often. They are going to try to ween her off the oxygen and the doctor wants me to see what happens when I remove the oxygen while she is awake. If we can get her to just one of those needs, oxygen or suction, then we can start talking about going home. He does think that today and tomorrow should be her dry up days. Hopefully this is what happens. I would love to go home. Also, London is so afraid the nurses will do something to her now that she screams even when they are just taking vitals. Luckily she had a patient nurse last night who talked to her and made her feel a little better. She did all her vitals this morning and a doctor check without screaming. Wahoo!

We also have an exchange student arriving today. We thought it would be tomorrow, but it worked out today. We are excited, but it did come at a stressful time. It will be interesting to see how everything works out these first few days as we are trying to register him for school, etc. Thankfully we have good friends, neighbors and family who have offered to help and who are going to find us willing to take them up on their offers.

That's it for now.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been rather late to the news here. I'd love to help in whatever way you'd like. You have my cell number, don't hesitate to call or text anytime.

I'm so sorry to hear that Little Lady is so sick, and I'm so glad you seem to have her in good medical hands. Here's a wish she gets better soon.

Baller family said...

I hope she is feeling better soon and that you will be able to bring her home. An exchange student will be fun again for you all. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Lori said...

So sad! I hope you both will get to go home soon. Give L hugs and kisses for us.

Paola said...

I almost cried reading these posts. It is so scary when they can't breathe right. When Tyler was little he got so sick, tested negative for RSV but had to be on oxygen at home for a few days, I didn’t sleep at all, it was like he was going to stop breathing right there in front of me. I was the scariest thing ever, so since then I am paranoid, I don't care if people have a small cold, I don’t want them anywhere near LOL!
I am so glad she is doing better!

hknight said...

I'm glad to hear that things are looking a little better! She is in our prayers and I hope that you both can come home soon!