Monday, February 25, 2008

ENDO Study

So today I met with my doctor to see when I should have surgery to help with my miscarriage problem. He told me we will schedule it in the next 2 days and should be sometime in March. He also mentioned there is a new study being done only with the UofU and somewhere else in California. He said that they would have me do a full medical history as well as a physical. They then said that during my surgery they would take some other samples and these would be studied for the study. They will compensate me for my time and inconvenience, which would be cool. I will find out in a couple days if I qualify and what they will compensate me, but hey, even if it is only $20, that's $20 I didn't have before and I get to help in a study that could help millions of women. The study helps to study endometriosis and women with uterine anomalies to see how they are developed, whether by genes or the environment. They say that if you have been exposed to chemicals that cause either of these they will still be in your fatty tissue and they will know whether or not this is your cause when they study what they take out during the surgery. They will take a small fat sample from my stomach. I was like, "Can you please take a big sample, and maybe make a stop over to my butt?!" Anyway, I am excited to learn if I can participate or not and I am anxious to learn when my surgery is so I will keep you posted so I can get a lot of get well cards, etc. I'm just kidding, they said it should be a very simple surgery.

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Cool Suz, I hope you make it! I am all for particiapting in research studies! It is even better if they pay a bit here and there.

Tim and Kristine said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. I love that you have such a great attitude about it. Do keep us posted so we know how you are doing!

Kristine

Sharee said...

Suzy I'm sorry you have to have surgery but I'm glad you may get to participate in this study. I wish I could. I have all sorts of anomalies going on. I'm hoping to get it figured out so I can get pregnant too...it's so frustrating when everyone around me is getting pregnant and having babies. It's hard! I can sympathize.

Rachael said...

Oh, Suzy, you are such a trooper. Hang in there.

Ashley said...

You are too funny. They have a proceedure for what you are talking about and its called liposuction. hahaha! That is good news though and hopefully you won't have to pay for it!. Good luck.

Baller family said...

I hope all goes well Suzy! Keep us up to date. We love ya!

Amber said...

I hope they figure this out for you and all goes well.