Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Baby Louie

This story is so similar to my own that I just can't get over it.  When I was 32 weeks pregnant with Max, my water broke.  It didn't break, like gushing, just leaking.  I went to the hospital in Orem where they determined I would be staying.  I was too early, however, so I was transported by ambulance to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.  I would stay there for a week and then deliver Max via C-section.  He was 17 inches long and weighed 3 lbs. 9 oz.  This was on August 5th.  Well, on like August 3rd, my younger sister presented the same symptoms I did with Max.  She too went to Orem Community Hospital where they determined she had in fact had her membranes rupture.  She was only 28 weeks though.  She stayed in the hospital and then developed an infection.  She delivered 2 weeks after being in the hospital.  She delivered at 30 weeks, 3 days.  I delivered at 33 weeks, 3 days.  Thankfully, her babies have been bigger, so this little guy was 3 lbs. 3 oz., and 16 inches.  Only 6 oz. less than Max, but 3 weeks earlier.  He was on a ventilator for less than 24 hours and began nursing at 32 weeks.  He has been a champ, just like Max.  He will be in longer because he was earlier, but I bet he comes home soon!  You can kind of see how big the pacifier is next to him and my hand.  I have also put a picture of Max just to compare a little.


Louie with my hand and the pacifier
Max with my hand
Max with a pacifier


1 comment:

Lori said...

I remember coming to visit you in the hospital. Boy, are they tiny.