We woke up and went to the Air Force Academy campus. We went to the chapel and watched as some new cadets arrived following their parade. We also went to the football field where Shane kicked a 30-yard field goal with no warm-up and nearly made a 40-yard field goal. Man, he needs to try that field goal kick at the BYU games where you win money! Andrew ran across the entire field without stopping. He didn't warn me ahead of time, so I don't have it on camera. But, from field goal to field goal is 120 yards and I think he did it in under a minute. Not too shabby, especially for not warming up.
The entire trip Max rode in Jason and Shezrae's car with their two older boys. These three were inseperable! Their youngest rode in our car. He is 9 months younger than London and they LOVED each other. Every morning he would be awake before London and would go around asking, "Where's London? Where's London?" It was so sweet!
After the Airforce Academy we stopped for lunch. It was New York style pizza. I have been to New York and had the pizza, and this pizza was better! I am having a day dream about it right now. It was so good. Unfortunately, it was so good I couldn't wait and I burned my mouth. With all the "healthy" food I ate the rest of the week, it didn't want to heal and I had a sore mouth the entire trip. Ouch! Troy and Heidy's family joined us at the pizza place and we headed to the Olympic Training Center.
The Olympic Training Center was a little hot, but you couldn't help but be a proud American while there. They showed an Olympian movie first and I felt it in my heart. I know I might be a nerd, but I am a proud, American nerd! Then we toured the facilities. Most of the athletes were in London for the games, but because it was the games the torch at the training center was lit. This is only lit during the games. So, that was pretty cool. We got little window clings for the car that say Team USA. I think everyone got one because we have at least 6 in our car window now.
About this point in the trip we also lost Andrew to Troy's car, but gained his son, Brigham. Aidan and Brigham are the same age, so this worked well. Andrew also has a cousin his age so it was great for him to be in Troy's car. According to his Aunt Heidy, he is also magic when it comes to keeping her 2-year-old entertained.
After the Olympic Center we went back to Jason and Shezrae's house to just relax for the evening.
This is Shane kicking a 30 yard field goal.
 |
| Chapel at the Air Force Academy |
 |
| I couldn't get enough of these two holding hands |
 |
| The pizza place. We didn't park there. |
 |
| This pizza was amazing...I am still craving it. |
 |
| Tall kid in a little pool... |
 |
| A little crack? |
 |
| Don't you love the tucked in shirts? |
 |
| New cadets after graduating basic |
 |
| Awww! |
 |
| She didn't understand why we wanted this picture so she wouldn't look at the camera. Stubborn! |
No comments:
Post a Comment