Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Racist?

I received a little Highlights sample in the mail the other day. Today Max was sitting there working on one of the pages. It was a puzzle page. The missing pieces of the pictures were stickers in the shape of puzzle pieces. The child could then do the puzzle.

He came to me so frustrated and said, "Mom, there is a dark face and a light face on the picture and it makes me so mad!"

I said, "why does it make you mad?"

He said the faces should be the same and they are not. I was getting a little worried at this point and asked him to show me the picture, which he did. To my relief and humor, I saw what he was saying. One of the puzzle pieces had half of a child's face on it. The other half was on the original picture. Because they had been printed on different media and at different times, they didn't match exactly. So, this little girl had half her face a little more tan than the other half. LOL!

No comments: