For the following recipe it called for marinating the lamb and then cooking it and then making a gravy. I just didn't have time. I decided to bake it with the entire marinade on it as more of a glaze and not do the gravy. I thought it was very good. I have NEVER made lamb. I was very nervous. We had someone give us a lamb roast, so I needed to use it. I know it isn't a leg of lamb, but the roast worked well too.
Minted Leg of Lamb
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1/4 Cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/4 Cup lemon juice
3 T. white vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground dry mustard
4-5 pound leg of lamb (or roast)
Mix all ingredients and heat to boiling. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the roast in a roasting pan. I covered with tin foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 2-2.5 hours. Make sure the internal temperature is between 170-180 degrees. Serve it hot!
No comments:
Post a Comment