OK, so last night for my birthday Shane surprised me with tickets to the Reba McEntire/Kelly Clarkson concert. It was awesome!!! The opening act was Melissa Peterman who played Barbara Jean on the TV show Reba. She was HILARIOUS!!!! She wasn't dirty and really was so funny. She made fun of Karaoke and talked about parenthood, etc. Very funny body language. I just wish they would have put her on the big screen during her first part because she makes the BEST faces when she does comedy. If you haven't seen her, check out the Reba show in reruns, she will crack you up! After that they did the concert. I loved that it wasn't Reba or Kelly alone and then they switch bands and the other plays. They were both on stage the entire time. When one was singing the other stepped into the background and sang back up. That takes someone who doesn't have a big ego. They also sang a lot of duets. It was fun to listen to them switch styles. They sang swing, country, big band, pop, etc. You never knew what was coming next. Right before they sang the theme song to the TV show "Reba", Melissa Peterman came out again. She did a whole comedy thing with them. She wore this shirt that had a giant Kelly Clarkson head on it and leaned to the right and said, "Look, Kelly Clarkson is winkin' at ya!" Totally funny. She wanted to sing and of course couldn't, but that didn't keep her from lip syncing and forcing herself in front of them. I know it was staged, but I was laughing out loud the entire time! So good, so funny, and so worth the money. Plus, I got a hot date with my husband!

6 comments:
I am so jealous. What a great surprise Shane gave you. I am so glad you had lots of fun.
What fun! Surprises are always great! I'm glad you had a wonderful,memorable 30th birthday!
I am jealous. I wanted to go to that concert so bad. I am glad you had fun. Shane is so sweet like that.
Oh, you lucky, lucky girl. How fun would that be. Way to go Shane for the awesome surprise!!!!
ooooo I am sooooo jealous. I saw there duet show on CMT and loved. I bet it was even better live.
That is awsome! I loved "Reba" and I think "Barbara Jean" totally made the show. (O.K. her son-in-law was pretty funny too but I don't remember his name) Happy Belated Birthday!
Post a Comment