Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tender Moment

Last night I went upstairs with Max and laid in his bed with him while I tried to help him to sleep. We talked for a little bit and then I decided I better do the close my eyes thing so he feels like I am going to sleep. I closed my eyes and relaxed and I could feel him relax next to me. Then, I felt his face close to my face. I thought this was cute, but then, all of the sudden, on the tip of my nose, I felt a little kiss. It was so sweet. We stayed with each other until he drifted off to sleep.

Just the night before I was so agitated. Everything was bugging me. I was so short with everything I said. I didn't want to be bugged, I had lots to get done. I missed out on any moments like this. I realized that he is growing up before my eyes and I don't want to miss anything. I need to be more patient and take a step back once in awhile. The dishes and laundry will still be there tomorrow, but Max will be moving out before I know it!

9 comments:

hknight said...

I feel you, I totally have my days of impatience. Then I feel bad the next. I don't want to miss anything, They really do grow SO SO fast! It's kind of sad, I wish they would slow down a little!

Tim and Kristine said...

That is very sweet. They have their sweet moments to give us the reality checks that we seem to need a lot. I wish we could all have hearts like kids. You are doing a good job, raising a sweetie.

Ashley said...

I feel just this way to often. It is so easy to just snap and want the day to be over. Lately I have been trying to keep in mind that I am building her memories of me everyday. Its kind of scary when you look at it that way.

Tropicanna said...

I love this story. I miss living with Max.

Pays said...

ahhhh...how sweet! Who doesn't ever struggle with that at times? I agree with you though, we need to enjoy every little moment with them. They grow way to fast!

Cindy said...

What a good reminder to savor every moment. I need to remember to do this more. Thanks for sharing :)

Aloha said...

As your mom....are you sure they will move out someday? J/K

Baller family said...

That is sweet! Aren't children so precious. You can truly see glimpses of Heaven everyday!

Rachael said...

So true...