Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Underoos

I am super happy to announce that potty training is FINALLY happening. Max is super stubborn and has just fought us every step of the way. Finally, I took the advice of my visiting teacher (thanks Caryn) and tried something new. I told Max that we are out of all diapers except his night time pull-ups. He didn't like that. When we were at the store he saw diapers and asked to buy them. The up side? He has not had an accident for 3 straight days! I have had to be the one asking, but tonight he finally told me once! We rewarded him by taking him to the store to get him some new underwear. He was sooooo excited. He really wanted "Incredible Hulk" and "Spiderman", but their pickings weren't so good. He opted for the "Cars" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" varieties. I hope this keeps going!

7 comments:

kellyanded said...

That is actually a good idea. I should try that with Alex. Good job Max!!!

The Scotts said...

Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great? My little one just got potty trained and I'm so happy! Hope you're taking it easy, and can't wait to hear more updates.

Baller family said...

Yay Max!! Keep it going!

Pays said...

Wahoo! It is always so nice when they are potty trained. Now the fun begins, where he'll want to check out every bathroom, at every store! There must be something magical in the Target restroom :)

Rachael said...

I'm jealous!!

Natalie said...

Woohoo! Thats got to feel good! I am happy that things are going well with the pregnancy as well. That is so exciting. I am happy for you guys!! Your family is so stinking cute. :)

Sharee said...

Any new potty updates? Is he still doing really good?