Sunday, May 25, 2008

Favorite Movie Quotes

We were watching a movie together today and I heard one of my favorite movie quotes again. It reminded me of another as well. Here are two quotes I really like.

(About why people get married)
"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'." - Shall We Dance


I love this quote. For me it was so true. Shane cares about everything concerning me whether it seems terrible, mundane, or wonderful! He is a great husband.





"Never underestimate the power of the Father...Fathers are the ones that pick you up and give you the courage to do stuff you never thought you could." - The Game Plan


I love this one because Shane is such a good Dad. He loves to spend one-on-one time with all his boys and he loves to talk to them and just be with them. I believe there is a great power that comes from him and the influence he has on all his boys.

3 comments:

kellyanded said...

Thanks Suzy, I needed that first quote. The last two sentences hit hard.Thank you for the inspiration when I need it most.

Tropicanna said...

These are excellent quotes! I love both of them. Thanks for sharing :)

Rachael said...

Fun! I love Game Plan--one of my personal faves. Cute pic of you and Shane!!!