Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Great to Be 8!

Our little man was baptized on August 31st, 2013.  I can hardly believe it.  He looked so excited and handsome.  He was a little nervous about everyone watching him, but I talked him through it and he was great!  He was the only one from our ward, so he selected the whole program.  Here is what he had:

Conducting/Presiding: Grandpa Mortimer (Because he is our Bishop)
Opening Song: When I Am Baptized (Uncle Joseph led the music and Aunt Sarah played the piano for this one.)
Opening Prayer: Kabren Baller
Talk on Baptism: Uncle Dan
Musical Number: Grandma Mortimer sang "My Heavenly Father Loves Me".  Mom played the violin while she sang and Aunt Carrie accompanied.
Baptism - Dad baptized.  Uncle Jason and Aidan were the witnesses
Talk on Holy Ghost: Andrew
Confirmation: Those who participated in the circle were - Dad, Grandpa Mortimer, Uncle Dan, Uncle Nate, Brother Manwaring, Baca, Uncle Troy, Uncle Jason, Uncle Tyler
Closing Song: If the Savior Stood Beside me.  Uncle Joseph led again and Aunt Carrie played the piano.
Closing Prayer: Aunt Shezrae










The day after he was presented to the ward as the newest member.  Shane got up and bore his testimony so Max wanted to.  He headed up and sat next to his Dad.  Shane went first and then Max.  Max was the last one to bear his testimony.  He started his testimony and then was overcome by the spirit.  He broke into tears, finished and then literally ran down to me and hugged me.  There was pretty much not a dry eye in the entire congregation.  It was very special and I realized what a tender spirit I am raising and how I need to do so much better, and yet, that I must be doing something right.  I am so proud of him.  I am so proud that he wants to be a member of the church and the example he is to me.  I love you Max!

No comments: