Thursday, November 12, 2009

9 Months!

Where has the time gone? Our little lady is already 9 months! I would have posted this Monday, but I have had a crazy week. I just started babysitting my friend's little one month old baby, LJR. My hands are full and I am adjusting to how it all works with the three little ones. Warning...this will be a bragging post.


There are so many things that she can do! She has been doing a lot of these for quite some time, but I realized I didn't do good at journaling when she started. My proud Momma moment is when I get my weekly email from ParentCenter and they tell me what my baby should be doing and she has been doing it for weeks! What a smart girl!

Oh, and she is 16 lbs. 14 oz.



Here are some of London's favorite things:


1. Standing up in her crib and looking out the door to my bed and smiling at me when I wake up.


2. Crawling up the stairs.


3. Crawling away from us when we try to get her off the stairs. We will say we are going to get her and she laughs and bounces and tries to go up faster.


4. She loves to wake up Max. She will crawl over to him and pat him and grab his hair and then kiss him.


5. She loves to kiss. She loves to kiss open mouth!


6. She loves to talk and occasionally scream so you can hear her.


7. She says Momma and Dadda and when she is hungry she says Babba. This was the word we taught her so she wouldn't ask for anything more embarrassing.


8. She loves to dance. We can hold her and dance and she loves it.


9. She loves to blow her lips and make noises.


10. She is figuring out her teeth and loves to bite...ouch is all I can say!


11. She loves to hit her hands on things to hear how they sound. Her two favorite things to hit are my skin while I am nursing her (quite annoying) and to stand at a coffee table and hit that. She will even take turns. She was sitting around with her cousins and they would tap the table and then when they stopped she would go. Then she would wait for their turn and go again.


12. She loves her Grandma M. She will go to her and when others try to get her she won't go.


13. She is a Mommy's girl, which I must say I love.


14. She is in a jealous stage. Now that I am watching LJR she can get very jealous when Max or myself are paying too much attention to the baby. She is partially jealous of our attention and partially jealous because she wants to touch the baby.


15. She loves to cuddle and hug. This I am very happy about!


16. She loves toys. She especially loves stuffed animals, but loves anything that makes noise, especially music.

17. She loves to eat paper. We have to be really careful what is left on the floor because I think she would rather eat paper than her food.

18. She loves food and loves to feed herself, which leaves her messy, but happy.





My last bit of bragging is about my gorgeous baby. I think she is beautiful, but I am still stunned at how many comments we get. I can't go anywhere without someone making a comment about her, especially her eyes. She lucked out and has beautiful long eyelashes and bright blue eyes. My Mom will tell me about going to the doctor's office and my Mom's doctor will not stop talking about London's eyes. Shane took her to Children's Place and a lady took about 10 minutes of his/her time talking about London and admiring her. It was crazy. I had a woman see her in the store and rush up to her and kiss her face...seriously! I didn't even have time to stop her, I didn't think she would do that. After her daughter told her not to kiss other people's babies she gushed for a long time about how pretty London is. I didn't know what to say. It can seriously be weird sometimes. But, I can't lie, it makes me super proud.





Anyway, sorry to brag all about her, but I think she is beautiful and it is so fun to hear the comments we have gotten. I can't believe she is so big. I want her to just stop for a minute! I am trying really hard to just enjoy all my time with her. I know she won't always want to spend all her time with Mom so I am cuddling her extra long and looking at her as much as I can! We love our little lady.

2 comments:

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

This is a really sweet post.

Baller family said...

She is such a little cutie! I can't believe it has been 9 months!