Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Experiments

Tonight Shane and I did experiments with the boys. We have done them in the past, but not all of them with the boys. It was so much fun. Here is what we did:

1. Put soap and water in a cup and blew air in there with straws. It overflows with bubbles.

2. Put food coloring in Vinegar and added Baking Soda.

3. Put food coloring and some dish soap in Vinegar and then added Baking Soda.

4. Put water in a bowl and added some sprinkles of pepper. Rub dish soap on your finger and stick it in the water and the pepper will move away from your finger. It is a good little magic trick if they can't see the soap on your finger.

If any of you know of any books that have fun experiments for kids I would love to know what the books are. It was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Great ideas! I have been telling the kids we are going to do a "science experiment FHE". I didn't have enough ideas to make it last very long, but I think with those ideas we can do it. They both have learned some fun experiments at school that I will have them share, and then we can do some of these. Very fun!!!

Holli's Blog said...

Fun! My 8 year old loves this stuff so I printed up you ideas. You could do the Mentos in Diet Coke, but remember to do it outside.