Saturday, March 22, 2008
Surgery Update
Well, things didn't go as planned. All the tests and MRI showed that I did have a septate uterus, but once in there they found otherwise. I don't know all the details yet as to what uterine anomaly I do have. I completely surprised the doctor. I was only in surgery for about 36 minutes and it was supposed to last over 2 hours. I still had the laproscopic part of the surgery so I am still very tender today, but probably better than if I would have had the whole surgery. Long story short, I don't know where this leaves us. We meet with the doctor in 2 weeks to go over everything. He is reviewing my MRI and the DVD he made of the surgery. I hope we'll know more then. Although I have physical pain and was completely sick yesterday I have to say the emotional pain is worse. It feels frustrating having to have surgery and then waking up and learning that nothing has changed except a few added future scars, some pain and a hospital bill. I'm also worried because they did try to fix what they did find, but were unable to do so in the manner they were performing surgery. We won't know until my follow-up if it even can be fixed, but that doesn't look likely, so that is a huge blow to find out that we may not be able to have any more kids. I have Max and he is apparently even more of a miracle than we originally thought, and we are so lucky to have him. This, however, doesn't make it any easier to learn about all of this. They explained part of it to me today, but I'll share more once I know more in two weeks. For now I'll just try to recover and do some soul searching. It is kind of hard to talk about so I thought this would be the easiest way to just let everyone know how I am without having to talk about it over and over.
Labels:
Suzy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that. I will keep your family in our prayers and hope that this is something that they may be able to correct. What a blessing to have been able to have Max. With the Lord's help, anything is possible. I love you guys and miss you.
If you ever need someone to talk to and just listen I am here for you. I know I can't understand what you are going through, but I can be a friend. I am sorry to hear it didn't go as planned. We love you guys and hope for the best. Max is truly a blessing and miracle and has changed everyone's lives for the better. Remember you guys can come over whenever you want, the girls had fun playing with Max.
Suz,
I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned. I will certainly keep you in our prayers. I love you.
Liza
Suzy, I am so sorry to hear that things didn't go as planned. It is hard to think about not being able to have another child. I understand. Kary and I have been trying for over a year and aren't having any luck. I am like you in thinking that it is a miracle that we have Colton and that we are truly blessed to have one of our own. People keep asking me if I'm pregnant (for some reason the word has been passed around that I am) and it's so hard to tell them I'm not when so bad I want to be! It hurts inside when I hear of everybody else and their dog getting pregnant and I can't. Sometimes I think how unfair it is that my sisters and brothers are able to have so many kids and I can't. I wonder...why can't I? I'm a good mom, too! I have to realize that Heavenly Father's plan is different for everyone and that I must have to learn something from this experience. I truly feel for you and the things you are having to experience right now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Just remember we love you and are thinking of you. I hope for the best for you. Hang in there. This kind of stuff is hard--the Lord will bless you--I know you hear that over an over again but, sometimes that's all there is....faith.
Hey, you never know you may end up taking in a niece and nephew--really you never know what heavenly Father has planned.
Post a Comment