Sunday, March 9, 2008

Aidan's Cake


So one Sunday a month we get together with my family (Suzy) and have a birthday dinner for all the people who have birthdays that month. This month is Aidan and "J". Aidan will be be 11 on Friday the 14th and "J" will be 8 on Easter, the 23rd. I let Aidan pick the cake he wanted and he wanted me to make a camp fire cake. "S" and Aidan helped me make the cake and we made a couple logs with marshmallows for the coals and little flames. The candles will make a real fire on top. We'll put "J"'s candles on one of the logs and Aidan's on the other log. We were going to use chocolate covered donut holes for the coals but couldn't get any in time so we opted for the chocolate marshmallows. It was fun to make and Aidan really liked eating the frosting off the spoons when I was done. He said they were calling to him.

8 comments:

Baller family said...

Looks great! You all did a good job!

Rachael said...

Holy cow! You are amazing--If my kids asked for a campfire cake I would laugh and think they were kidding. You go girl!

kellyanded said...

That looks so cool. I would never think of that.

Erin Cannon said...

Hey Girl! Long time no see Cousin!
I found your blog (again) through Sharee's site. This cake looks awesome! I'm so impressed with your culinary abilities.
Cousin Erin

Ashley said...

What a cute cake. It looks yummy and chocolatey. Mmmmm

Amber said...

mmmm.. chocolate! That looks great!

Sharee said...

Way cute and creative!

Holli's Blog said...

What a fun cake! Good job!