You see, there is a reason that journaling is encouraged as you do things...because two years later it is hard to remember all the amazing details!
The morning of the 4th day we went with Shane's coworker around the outer circle of Koln (Cologne). It used to have a half circle wall all around the city to protect it. The other half has the Rhine river so it didn't need a wall. At the main entrances are hug gates and they are pretty awesome. He also took us down by the river to see old architecture and some old buildings, some of which were covered by water at one time or another when the river would rise too high.
 |
| This was on the side of a building and it marked where the water line had been at one point on the building. |
After the tour, Shane rode into work with him on the other side of the river. I stayed back and toured the first home of Cologne. It was created in Cologne of all places! They had some fun old advertisements and some other small things and downstairs was their shop where I got something for Shane and my mom. The location of it was Glockengasse 4711. Their main line is called 4711 after their address.
 |
| The day that Cologne was invented...my birthday! Not the year, but still the day! I'm famous! |
 |
| This is an original bottle used. |
 |
| Sorry for the rotation, but this sits in there for you to dip in and try the cologne. |
 |
| This picture was for all my knitting friends and sister. There was more yarn in this store than I have seen in my life and it was in every color imaginable. |
After the Cologne I walked around some stores and buildings and took pictures and stuff. Then I wandered over to get my dream Nativity! The kind that look like a windmill on top and can turn. They look like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pyramid
 |
| After getting my nativity I stopped for a Brat and sat by the river to eat it. Looking at the river and seeing all the beautiful buildings while eating my brat on a roll, I suddenly really felt like I was in Europe and I had to take a selfie! It was so fun! |
After my quick lunch, Shane called and said he was done at work so I went to the hotel and dropped off my things and headed over the river to pick him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment