Friday, September 4, 2015

Germany 2013 Day 4 - Afternoon

I use the term afternoon loosely, because I got to Shane's work quite early and we pretty much had the entire day. It was fantastic. We went to spend some time in Bonn. Shane served there and we thought it would be fun to check it out and see the house of Beethoven and such. We went to a square where Shane went daily to proselyte and we found the street he lived on, but we couldn't find the exact number, so we took a picture by the street sign. We also stopped near Bonn at the Haribo Gummy Bear Store. They had more Haribo than I had ever seen in my life and we got soooo much! We expected it to be expensive and so when we heard the lady say $90, we were like crap, we don't have enough cash (because I left my purse at the hotel) and they didn't take cards. So we asked where the nearest bank was so we could get out cash from the ATM. What made us think $90 of candy was ok? I don't know, but we didn't want to put any back! Everyone looked at us like we were aliens like what is a bank? Shane said it in German and no one knew! Finally we found one and fought the rain to get to the ATM. We went back triumphantly to learn that our total was actually $19. Oops! Ohe well, I had gotten some for other people as well, so it was good to have extra cash I guess.


Be at Beethoven's door

It says it is Beethoven's house.



This beautiful little church was right by his home and it was being renovated to restore somethings. You could pay like 50 cents for a candle to light and that helped toward the renovations.


Ignore my hair in every picture, it was rainy. It would come and go, but there was no survival for the hair.



Beautiful flowers in the square for sale. Shane said it looked the same and that he loved all the fresh flowers each day.





Us with Beethoven



We had to take a picture of this because it reminded us of our nephews with our chickens.



Then we went back and walked around Cologne at night and tried some more brats and gelato. Those Germans love their mayo on fries. I love their tiny forks to eat the fries. I also loved the gelato, way better than the gelato here.

In Cologne we thought it would be fun to pose with the different statues. Some are behind us.





Brats round 2

Did not eat all the mayo, but loved the fork!


This character was everywhere



Kid door at the store

Funny poses around town.




No comments: