We just got back from a week in Florida and I have lots to write about and tons of pictures to post. It was a well needed vacation and we were so lucky to be able to go. I'll post more soon, but first, a quick ride comparison (in my opinion) between Disneyland and Disney World.
Rides at Disneyland, but not Disney World
Alice in Wonderland, Matterhorn, Casey's Train, Davy Crockett Canoes, Roger Rabbit Ride, Pinocchio, Storybook Canal Boats,
Better at Disney World
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Enchanted Tiki Room (However, it has been awhile since I have seen it at Disneyland)
Better at Disneyland
Peter Pan
Space Mountain
Pirate's (Same main part, but in Disney World you don't get to go through the little bayou at the start)
Toontown overall
Tom Sawyer Island
Same in my opinion
Winnie the Pooh, Carousel, Soarin, Buzz Light Year, Captain EO, Dumbo, Finding Nemo (Better effects throughout at Disneyland, better lines at Disney World), Gadget's Go Coaster vs Goofy's Brainstormer, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise (however, I missed the Parana that are at Disneyland), Mad Tea Party
Miscellaneous
Astro Orbiter - Never have been able to go on it at either location, but the Disney World one looked better
Autopia - The last time I went on this in Disneyland was in the early '80s, so I can't compare, but Shane said they are both fun.
At Disneyland they have Indiana Jone. At Animal Kingdom they have Dinosaur. These rides are basically the same, but a few different effects. Indiana is a little less bumpy, but Dinosaur is cooler (yet more scary for younger kids).
It's a Small World was closed for refurbishment, so I don't know, but probably the same.
Star Tours was down, so I don't know. bummer!
Their river rapid ride was a different name, but the same.
Tarzan Treehouse vs. Swiss Family Robinson. I love the Swiss Family Robinson house and was sad to see it change at Disneyland, however, it is probably more fun for small children than Swiss Family Robinson.
Expedition Everest is their answer to Matterhorn. It goes backwards which is cool.
Toy Story was under construction when I was at Disneyland last, so I have no comparison, but they are probably similar.
They have a lot of things at Disney World that are not at Disneyland because of the multiple parks, but mostly shows. I have to say we did love the Norway ride at Epcot as well as the Ellen Dinosaur ride and the one in the Epcot Ball.
No comments:
Post a Comment