Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July...and the 3rd and 5th

This year we celebrated Independence Day over 3 days. It was a lot of fun to do that because Shane loves this holiday for the fireworks. This year the weather was WONDERFUL!!! It was even chilly at times. On the 2nd, Max started the party by having cousin Millie sleep over. These two are two peas in a pod! They had a ball and then put on a show for us in the morning before we headed out for a balloon job that afternoon.



On the 3rd we went to see some friends and Shane's brother's family. We had pizza and did fireworks. Lots of fun. Poor Max hurt his foot with a water gun.



On the 4th we had church. I had London wear her dress just for church so she could wear it the next day. I am super proud to say I MADE HER DRESS! Wahoo! She looked so cute and I even convinced Max to wear a matching bow tie that I made for him. I forgot to take pictures before church, so please excuse the crazy hair.


On the 5th, Shane and I were going to be in the parade with BYU, twisting balloons. But, communication was lost and the day of they found out they couldn't hand anything out. So, we watched the parade instead. I have to say, the Freedom Festival Committee needs to change this. The parade was SO BORING. We actually had kids asking to leave. They want to get stuff at the parade. The only exciting thing was when I was attacked by the Blaze mascot, Harley. This was because I do know him. But I was NOT expecting that. In the picture we look like we are hugging. Don't be fooled. He grabbed me and spun me around, I was hanging on for dear life and praying my new camera wouldn't fall out of my hands. Crazy! After the parade we had a swim party at my sister's house and then came home for fireworks. Fabulous day! Also, for our shirts, we made our own tie dye shirts. The red went a little orange, but still fun. We made them with all the kids earlier in the week, so the older boys match, even though they weren't with us for the 4th.




No comments: