Learn about the importance of patriarchal blessings by studying about them in True to the Faith and recent conference talks. Find out why they are given and who can give them. Discuss with a parent or Church leader how to prepare to receive a patriarchal blessing and how it can teach you of your worth and identity and be a guide throughout your life. If you have not received your blessing, prepare to receive it.
I have received my blessing and I received it when I was 14. I have to admit that I don't know if I was ready to receive my blessing. It says you should prayerfully ponder and decide when the time is right. When I was growing up it was kind of like when you turn 12 you start mutual, 16 you date, and 14 you get your blessing. I was fortunate enough, however, to have a kind patriarch who spoke to me and my parents before the blessing and explained a lot to me. I was then able to receive my patriarchal blessing, or father's blessing from my Heavenly Father through the stake patriarch. My blessing has helped me in my life so much. I can see how the things it says helped me when I was younger and how the meaning has changed now that I have my own family.
Our stake recently had a fireside from the stake patriarch where he went into detail about preparation for the blessing and what would be in the blessing. True to the Faith also tells you to that not all the blessing may be realized in this life, but could be in the next life as the blessing is eternal. I love that.
As an added bonus, the stake patriarch who gave me my patriarchal blessing is now a sealer at the Mt. Timpanogos temple and he performed the sealing for me and Shane when we were married. This was a special moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment