So I have been working on my resolutions and I wanted to update where I am at.
1. Spiritual
We have made a schedule for reading the Book of Mormon as well as the Conference talks for 2008. I am happy to say we are right on schedule and it has been wonderful. Shane and I used to listed to The Book of Mormon on Tape on our way to work, but we haven't always done well with the family. It has been so neat to have the kids reading with us and discussing the scriptures, etc.
2. Body
I am so proud of me and Shane. We exercised 4 days last week and we have exercised 3 days this week and plan on doing one more. We are doing the 2 "The Biggest Loser" DVDs. They totally kick your butt! They recommend doing 4-5 days a week and we are trying to do that. They rotate between cardio and sculpting. They really concentrate the cardio on your large muscles for maximum calorie burning. We have also been eating healthier, which has played into my meal planning.
3. Financial/Family
Shane and I have done really well restraining ourselves. We have worked hard at not going out if we don't need to. I have gone back to planning menus so that when I go grocery shopping what I buy has a purpose. Hopefully this will help with getting me home. I have also contemplated taking some different community education classes and UVSC classes so that I can get my Early Childhood degree and do a preschool from home. We will see how this goes.
I am determined to keep this going. I have to remember we are only 2 weeks into the New Year, so I have 50 more to go to meet my goals for the year (And the rest of my life to keep with it), but meeting little milestones helps to motivate me and remind me why I am doing everything that I am doing.
2 comments:
Hey Suzy, Can I steal your meal plan if you do one? Wow, you have some great goals set. Maybe if I set some I might accomplish something...ha ha!
Good work on your goals!
I use Google reader to keep track of blogs. If you see the orange square at the end of an address bar with the white lines in it then it means that the page you're reading has a feed. Click on it and it'll take you from there (I think).
Also- could you do me a favor and either just have my first name as a link or link me as Soggy Cheerios? I try to keep my last name disassociated from my blog.
Thanks!
Post a Comment