Max's kindergarten class put on a play for the end of the year. There were multiple stories they presented, but Max was part of the story, "The Empty Pot." Basically the story is that an Emperor loves flowers and is getting old and needs a successor. He decides that he will give all the children in the kingdom a seed and whoever presents the most beautiful plant to him will be the next emperor. One of the children, Ping, has a green thumb and grows beautiful plants, but he can't get this seed to grow. One year later all the children are ready to present their plants, but Ping still doesn't have a plant. He tried his best, but it didn't work. His father (Max) tells him, "You did your best, and your best is good enough to present to the emperor, now go!" Ping goes and he tells the emperor he tried, but nothing grew. The emperor tells all the children, your flowers are beautiful, but I don't know where they came from. The seeds I gave you had been boiled. Ping told the truth and he would be the next emperor. Cute story. I was the emperor and Max was the father. Here are a couple pictures. If I get a chance I will upload a video. Also, my favorite teacher of all time, Mrs. Crabb, now works at Max's school as an aide to recertify. She was my first grade teacher and she was there reading to the kids.
 |
| Listening to stories before the show |
 |
| Mrs. Crabb and Me |
 |
| Max got to be the bubbles in a tub for a second play. Here he is bowing. |
 |
| Max after the play |
 |
| Me and Max |
 |
| During the show. Max is on the far right. |
2 comments:
Emmie did that one for her kindergarten play with Mrs. Graham too :)
Mrs. Crabb taught at Sharon? That name doesn't sound familiar to me. I must have forgotten all the 1st grade teachers back in our day :) Looks like a cute little play!
Post a Comment