Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Provo City 5K and Half Marathon

I will get a couple more pictures from my Mom. I am waiting for the one of all of us together. My sister, Anna, decided to be brave and run the Half Marathon. My other sister, Carrie, decided to be brave and walk the 5K. So, the rest of us decided to "support." My Mom, Dad, little sister, 2 younger brothers, my sister-in-law and my brother-in-law came out. I also did the 5K with London and Max.

The weather was HORRIBLE! It wasn't looking too bad and they said it shouldn't rain until 2. Then, just after we started it began to hail and rain and sleet, etc. Max walked some of it, but got cold and unhappy so he rode on the stroller for a lot of it. London was very tired and would have slept, but Max started crying so she couldn't sleep. Finally, toward the end, my brother came back and held Max for a little bit. He stopped crying, so London fell asleep. Thank you Dan! My Mom and I walked it together. We could have done better had I not been pushing 60 lbs. of kids, but it was still fun to try. Next time I will try it for time, not for experience. I will also do it kid-less. Shane was on a camp out, so I had to bring the kids. My brother got Max to run in at the end, despite the cold. He was a hit! Most people in the gallery have like one photo crossing the finish line. There are like 6 or 7 of Max crossing. One of the organizers even picked him up and talked to him in a photo. Here is the gallery with a picture of everyone except my brother-in-law, who I couldn't' find in the gallery.

CLICK HERE FOR GALLERY

1 comment:

Baller family said...

Way to go Suzy!! Hopefully the weather cooperates next time.