Thursday, September 24, 2009

Throwback Thursday #18

I thought it would be funny to pay tribute to the bang since I have a new hairstyle. Here is a sampling of my bangs through the years. I may use some of these picture in the future for other Throwbacks, so don't be surprised to see them more than once. They are used here solely for the purpose of demonstrating the bang.
This is 1981. I call this the boy bangs with pigtails. You know, just letting the hair grow out until it is long enough to do something with it. (I'm on the right)


I don't really know what is up with my hair here. I know I have one little curled bang. I can only guess the other bangs are braided on the side of my head.


I actually love this picture. I also love the classic pie cut bangs. Starting our bangs at the back of our heads...classic!

This is another form of the pie cut I like to call the lion's mane. It is the pie cut and then the bangs curled a lot and fluffed. These bangs might still be seen in small towns in Utah.


This is from 1986. Again the bangs are starting clear back and this time I have opted for some curling.

Please ignore the face I am pulling. Apparently the stilts were hard to work with! These are a slightly smaller bang that is curled under with the smallest curling iron I could find. =)

I believe this is 6th grade. That would make it 1990. These are the bangs placed more appropriately to the front of my head. They are extemely short and then curled. Also, side comment, what is up with the cowboy boot pin?

This picture is from 1996. Senior/Junior pictures (I graduated a year early). My bangs were really long and so I would take a really big curling iron and curl them under.

This is the no bang. After high school I moved into not having bangs. This picture is well after high school in 2004.


This is 2007 when I brought back my bangs with the sweep to the side kind of bangs.


This picture I took the other day. It is my new hairdo. The bangs are much shorter, but still sweep to the side. They are actually cut to also be able to be across the front, but it reminds me too much of the '80s. So this is where I'm at. (This picture was taken at the end of the day, so it isn't at it's best, but it is growing on me).

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh, the journey of the bang! I can totally relate--in fact I may have to copy this post!

I love your new haircut! You look great! We need to arrange something so I can actually see it in person!

Paola said...

You are a gorgeous red head! I love the new cut, you look super chic!

kellyanded said...

I love the pic of your senior year, so pretty! You must love your haircut now, quick and easy. I have never seen it that short.

Christy said...

Cute cut! And, totally agree with the above about your senior pic - wow!

The Romneys said...

Now that was a fun post to read! So many memories...of when I wanted to be you! I wanted your red hair so bad...I thought it looked so pretty with red lipstick!

Lauren said...

DAng girl! You are looking skinny!