I decided to have a fun day with all the kids on Saturday and we all thought it would be fun to go to the State Fair. I haven't been for years and they have never been. I have to say that it didn't have the same magic I remember. I think part of that is that we weren't there in the evening when all the rides are lit up and stuff, but we had to go in time to get back for the BYU game.
When we first got there we went to a little hands on thing about farming. They let you plant a seed, pick what you plant, take some corn to a cow, milk the cow, get some wool from a sheep, etc. Of course they are all fake things. At the end you take your stuff to the market and sell it for $1. You then take the fake dollar into a store and you get to buy something real. Aidan and Andrew each bought a little bag of chips and Max bought some fruit snacks. Sweet deal! Here they all are at the beginning and throughout the exhibit:

Max in his apron
I now know why my parents never really let us go on the rides...expensive! Not just expensive worth it, but expensive rip-off. I let the kids all choose 2 things to do and then we opted for the free part of the fair.
When we first got there we went to a little hands on thing about farming. They let you plant a seed, pick what you plant, take some corn to a cow, milk the cow, get some wool from a sheep, etc. Of course they are all fake things. At the end you take your stuff to the market and sell it for $1. You then take the fake dollar into a store and you get to buy something real. Aidan and Andrew each bought a little bag of chips and Max bought some fruit snacks. Sweet deal! Here they all are at the beginning and throughout the exhibit:
Max in his apron
2 comments:
You forgot your pictures of the State Fair Mullets.
I love that little farm thing. That is the whole reason we have gone to the fair. This year we opted out. You should have told us you were going. We went to Salt Lake that day for a totally free health fair.
Post a Comment