Friday, September 4, 2009

Moose & Markers

So tonight we went to a friend's reception. They had lots of food and such. His bride is apparently from Alaska so some of the food was regional. They had salmon and, of all things, moose meat balls. Quite tasty, and a fun time.

When we returned home, we went to put Max to bed and we were greeted by new decor in his bedroom. Now, before you say I am a horrible babysitter and Mother for not seeing it sooner, let me explain. I was babysitting for a friend of mine and her son and Max were playing great together. I needed to nurse London so I went in a different room. I could hear what was going on and they sounded fine. There was not that dangerous silence where you know they must be up to something. They were playing in his room great. Well, I was done nursing and there was a knock at the door for the kids to go home. They left and we immediately got in the car. I didn't go up to his room to see anything. Well, they had quite the masterpiece. The back of his door, the West wall. There was a small touch of art on his dresser and the side of the gecko cage because Spike really needed some color in his life. Of course Max had to put an A on his Spiderman that hangs on the wall, because he learned about A this week in Preschool. He was just demonstrating how well he listens right?! There was blue, pink, red, green and of course teal. Oh how I wish my camera battery was charged! Fortunately it was all water colors and nothing a little magic eraser couldn't handle. Max was fortunate enough to learn how to wipe down walls to clean up after his art project. Man can kids cover a lot of space in a matter of minutes! =) Maybe I should cover his walls in white board! I just hope our neighbors will still let their kids come play. Next time I will just feed London cereal so I am in the same room the entire time! =)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Silly Suzy! I'll be more than happy to let my holy terrors come over to play again. I'm glad you're such a good sport about the "artwork". That morning when the boys were playing together I didn't hover and I certainly don't expect you to hover either. :)

I asked my daughter about her nails and she beamed so happily, "See, aren't they beautiful, Mommy?"

Thanks again for tending them last minute (and up to the last minute). You're the best!

Rachael said...

Bwa ha ha! Mischief... isn't it fun?!