Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden...

So, I finally did it...I planted my first square foot garden. We did it a couple weeks ago. Max was a great help. I (and my Mom) made the holes and he put in the seeds. I was beginning to worry. Our yard is extremely shady and I am hoping this spot gets enough sun. This is a test this first year. So, this is it after planting. We have had really cold and rainy weather, so it took longer than normal, but the other day I walked out to water and yippee...there are little sprouts poking out from my lettuce and peas, etc. I am so excited! I hope it keeps working. I may still move it next year!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Awesome! That's a gorgeous little planter. Very cool. It's pretty amazing that things actually grow when you plant them. :)

Chadlock said...

That is so cool! I wish we had room for a garden but our deck make no light and our dogs take up the yard boo!

Rachael said...

Good for you!

Natalie said...

how fun! good luck!