Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Impending Birthday

So I have decided that I don't know what it is, but 29 is scarier to me than 30. I mean when I am 30 I will be in my 30's, but starting in the early part of it. Being 29 puts me at the end of something. I can say I'm in my 20's, but really, I'm just hanging onto the tail end of it. It is like everyone says how old are you and you say 29 and they look like you are at the last year of the golden years. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is old, it is just a cross-road. It is kind of throwing me for a loop because I swear I was 16 yesterday! Maybe that is what it is...I don't feel like someone who is almost 30. When I see people on TV I think, oh she has to be like 10 years older than me, then I hear that she is 30 and I wonder, do I look 30? Am I really 30? Where do all the years go and why haven't I done some of the things I wanted to. Perhaps I have a lot of traveling to do in the next year so I can say I did it before I was 30. Oh well, I guess I should have known I was old when I told a Young Woman in my ward that I had met Tony Danza and she said, "...Who?"

No comments: